Students will use critical, creative, and collaborative thinking to solve problems and achieve common goals.
Question 1. What demonstrable qualities of this outcome should a SEU graduate possess?
- Ability to work in teams/work collaboratively
- Ability to synthesize, summarize, and critically assess and communicate material and information
- Students should be able to complete increasingly complex work that requires critical thinking
- Ability to write sustained, thoughtful and topically relevant narratives about a range of subjects using clear, standard English usage
- To listen to many stakeholders and find the most agreeable solutions.
Question 2. Please provide your views on how this outcome can best be achieved in general education and co-curricular programming.
- Stress more group projects
- Collaborate with Career and Professional Develop so that students take a strength based inventory which helps to guide their learning
- Case studies, project based learning, writing
- Problem solving applied to concrete and current events
- Develop research guides for specific classes and have guided research class sessions by reference librarians
- Scaffold projects and approaches to problem solving that require and model multi-disciplinary problem solving.