Share Your Input by Attending a Discussion Session or Completing a Survey
The General Education Renewal Committee (GERC) welcomes your participation in the process of renewing SEU’s general education curriculum. In order to exchange ideas and collect information on proven practices for implementing an effective general education curriculum, we invite you to fill out surveys and/or take part in special sessions on learning outcomes. See the links for all surveys and the schedule of all events below.
- October 3, 2014, 2-3:30 pm, Mabee A: Mental and Physical Wellness
- October 10, 2014, 2-3:30 pm, Mabee B: Global/Moral Reasoning/Social Justice
- October 24, 2014, 2-3:30 pm, TH 104: Information, quantitative, and visual literacies
- November 7, 2014, 2-3:30, TH 104: Communicate (oral, written, visual)
- November 14, 2014, 2-3:30, Fleck 314: Spiritual and cultural perspectives (self and others)
- November 21, 2014, 3:30-5:00, Fleck 305: Critical, creative, collaborative thinking. Problem-solving.
5-Minute Surveys (All surveys open throughout Fall 2014 semester)
- Mental and physical wellness: https://jfe.qualtrics.com/form/SV_54NIXaTjmt0XyC1
- Global and Moral Reasoning and Social Justice: http://stedwards.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1LBaKL1UrK3bg4R
- Information, Quantitative, and Visual Literacies: http://stedwards.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0Oo8EXluCfDUbEp
- Communication (Oral, written, visual): http://stedwards.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_01WS7vtUKFYSc6N
- Spiritual and Cultural Perspectives: http://stedwards.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9Gr71p55wbmS7CB
- Critical, creative, collaborative thinking, problem solving: http://stedwards.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5uK3vz4KbAO67Nr
Plan for Gathering Feedback and Input
The General Education Renewal Committee (GERC) is committed to gathering feedback and input from the university community in as many ways as possible. We understand that not all methods work for all people. Discussion sessions and surveys are just two options. For fall 2014, we are focusing our efforts on our University Essential Learning Outcomes (UELOs). GERC will be conducting a series of short, five-minute “UELO Question of the Week” surveys, each focused upon a particular University Essential Learning Outcome. The purpose of these brief surveys is to gather faculty feedback on how the general education curriculum can best address our university’s mission and learning goals. Although we will be focusing on a different University Essential Learning Outcome (UELO) each week, you may share your feedback on any survey at any point during the Fall 2014 semester. The UELO Questions of the Week are the first step in an information gathering process. GERC will also host a series of UELO-focused discussion sessions. All members of the university community are invited to attend any and all of these sessions. You may also contact any member of GERC at any time with suggestions, input, feedback, etc., at any time or share your input as a comment on this website. Please help us make the most of our opportunity to renew general education at St. Edward’s University.