As I Say Goodbye to this Semester — Michael Small

The month of April and early into May have been rather mild months as far as heat. However, there have been some days over these past two months that have gotten pretty hot and that was perfect for enjoying nice, long days at the lake. It was really nice to be able to be out in the fresh Austin air and take in the beauty that the natural settings in Austin offer us. The springs and natural rivers are my favorite things to take advantage of during the warmer months. Here is a picture from last weekend at the greenbelt:

o4fsicwfu10x

To conclude, I would like to reflect on this experience of documenting the months of this Spring 2014 semester. It was a very revealing assignment that taught me to appreciate the little things in the settings around me. Everyday we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of our fast paced lives, not slowing down to enjoy what is out there. After experiencing the calming sensations that I feel when I take an hour out of my week to be alone in nature, I was able to respect the beauty in what seems so simplistic. This monthly documentation was definitely one of the highlights of my semester.