Ramirez, March

10156831_10152311352096399_582328036_nfer4f1On Monday March 31st I went back to Austin’s 360 Bridge. This experience was different from February’s, the weather was nicer and the trees were no longer as dry. The temperature was 86 F and the sky was clear. The water on Lake Austin was calm and there were a few birds flying around. As I hiked up, I noticed that there were not many bugs, except ants, and the trees and bushes were recovering their green. This is just such a peaceful place and the weather made it even better. I love how there’s just one tree at the top but it is big enough to give shade and it has a majestic trunk. Overlooking the city, this spot shows the contrast of nature and “civilization”. The beautiful tree standing alone at the top of the hill brought me to this quote, “No matter how intently one studies the hundred little dramas of the woods and meadows, one can never learn all the salient facts about any one of them” (Aldo Leopold). The tree has a story, and it probably has been there for decades, and all I could think of is how we know so little about it but probably has witnessed so many things that mankind has done around it.