RSS Feed

5 Tips on a Social Media Cleanse

2

April 22, 2014 by etorres4

Does your social media network interpret all of you? Does your linked in provide employers only the information you want it to? Today, employers and business are using social media not only to promote their image/business/cause, but also who they want to employ.

social-detox BluePrintCleanse-Renovation

I hope it’s not just me but group pictures that aren’t my best are not part of my profile, because of my job I try to keep my social media page as conservative as possible. Today, we have two lives virtually and reality.

paperfinger-socialmediacleanse

Tip 1 – Update you’re privacy settings so that you can avoid to be tagged in unwanted post, at the same time untag yourself from unwanted post.

Tip 2 – Make sure the name is your real name no (BlueAngleBaby7, SexyChica46 or Fairygirl45_4) if not your real name make sure it’s the name you will use when you’re famous.

Tip 3 – Just like in a friendly conversation between someone you’ve just met avoid red flash topics like (politics, religion, or other).

Tip 4 – Current you’re location and age no 99 years old or New York City when really you live in Alice Texas.

Tip 5 – Create the image you want for your social media website, what type of person do you want people to think you are. Will you’re default picture be a headshot, a selfie, a group picture? When dealing with social media all things matter and all things will reflect on you.

how-to-give-your-inbox-a-master-cleanse-a3ee4890d6

2 comments »

1. masanza says:

I think these are great guidelines to keeping your social media reputation positive. I think it is important to keep what is posted online responsible and well maintained. Also I agree that employers do look at social media for potential employees and this makes it even more important to keep whatever content is posted online about you positive.

2. Preston says:

This is hilarious. I love the way you incorporated “detox” with social media. This is a really good idea Ernesto because it is somthing that people are paying attention to. Not only is it important to take care of your body and detox but it’s good to cleanse with social media as well. Great analogy