VISU 1100: Blog Post #8

If I could travel abroad, I would want to go to Russia, specifically St. Petersburg. I think this would be an interesting place to study abroad because of all of the history and architecture. As a creative, I am fascinated with old architecture and I love looking at pictures of cathedrals and palaces in Russia and I would love a chance to see them in person. I would love to become immersed in a culture that is very vibrant and social yet so different from the country I live in, and experience all of the art, history, and liveliness the country has to offer.

I am a member of CABRA magazine’s graphic design team, the university’s improv troupe, Box of Chocolates, and part of the theatre service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega. I enjoy being a part of these groups because I am able to be creative with likeminded and motivated people who share similar interests to me, and it is very enjoyable to be able to bounce ideas off each other and have an environment for those ideas to thrive. I don’t think that I personally would add any student groups because I am very satisfied with the diversity and strength of a wide majority of the groups on campus and feel confident that I have begun to build new relationships and communities within them.