The Office of Academic Affairs, the Center for Teaching Excellence, and the Office of Instructional Technology of St. Edward’s University invite proposals for the 2022-2023 Innovation Fellowship to advance the vision of the proposed Strategic Plan 2027:
“St. Edward’s University, a Holy Cross, Catholic institution, will improve lives and transform communities by providing an education focused on excellence and distinguished quality that prepares students to create a more humane, just and sustainable world.”
These fellowships will support full-time, contracted faculty who need time, resources, and support to design or revise classes to be taught in Fall 2022, Spring 2023, or Summer 2023. Fellows will receive a $1,200 stipend, participate in the Summer 2022 Innovation Institute, which will be held May 16-27, 2022, and join a community of faculty fellows focused on pedagogical innovation.
You may apply for this opportunity, even if you have already applied for and received a Presidential Excellence Award for the summer of 2022.
We encourage applications that indicate one’s interest in course design processes and that highlight a desire to create enriching experiences for students. Particular areas of focus for this iteration of Innovation Fellows are within the following areas connected to academic excellence and distinction:
- Experiential and/or Austin-based pedagogy: Revising courses to incorporate new approaches, activities, and/or Austin-based content that can provide students with a richer academic experience.
- Inclusive and Antiracist Teaching: Redesigning your courses with an eye toward equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist practices, such as including Open Educational Resources (OER); adopting Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles; or working toward inclusive and anti-racist content and assessment practices.
- Online Course Design or Revision: Revising courses previously offered online for remote teaching or in-person into well-designed online courses to create flexible options to help students complete their degrees in a timely manner.
Applications are due
Monday, March 21, 2022.Wednesday, March 23 at 11:59 pm.
Applicants are asked to complete an online form with required responses totaling less than 1,000 words to limit the amount of time required to complete it. The application form is located here: 2022-2023 Innovation Fellowship. Part of the application process is to communicate your intent to apply to your chairs and deans. To prepare your application, review the Application Process & Form Preview 2022-2023. Decisions will be made by early April.
If you have any questions about the Innovation Fellowship or would like to discuss possible projects, please contact:
- Jennifer Jefferson, Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Frost Davis, Associate Vice President of Digital Learning, email@example.com