Schindler’s List

In this film we are able to see Schindler, a member of the nazi party save an incredible amount of jewish lives. Schindler opens up a factory in order to make a haven for the jewish people he saved. This movie reeked of familiarity to me. I can’t quite place my finger on it, but the story line seemed incredibly familiar to me.
I feel as if the music used in the movie is far too casual and soothing. It’s a huge contrast compared to the overall weight of the movie. In Schindler’s introduction scene we are able to see how incredibly persuasive he is. He gets what he wants without any real struggle.
Schindler does need to keep a convincing  profile. He ruthlessly orders people to be shot and attends many raids.
As the film progresses we are able to see that he does in fact have a heart. He allows many jews to escape as he “attempts” shooting a man for an underproduction of hinges. I found this scene hilarious. we are able to see people scurrying behind the officers scene. however, the scene is drawn back to a serious note as the man being prosecuted is hit on the  back of the head.

Schindler comforts a woman he saved from a camp earlier as she is inconceivably scared of impending death. He continues on making a list. As the list grows, so does his anxiousness. He constantly questions the numbers, watching them grow. He is reassured of what he is doing as he is told “The list is life.” I can tell that Schindler is experiencing conflicting emotions. I cannot tell immediately, what he feels in this scene. I wish to know what and how he feels. I am deeply upset by the fact that I cannot go more in depth into his thoughts.

The scoring for this film is amazing. I cannot seem to get over the song that plays at the scene where he is given the ring. The composer for this movie, John Williams, is known for his work with Spielberg. However I could not recognize his work in this movie, as the overall undertone of the music seems completely un-American. The classical style of music can easily be differentiated by country, especially American and many asian ones. I admit i was confuse a bit because of the similarities between Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson.