VISU1311: Creativity Blog #6

What did I just watch? I just watched Run Lola Run, a film that takes place in a span of 20 minutes, though manages to be an hour and 15 minute movie. This film, immediately following the opening credits was both intriguing and had me entranced. The focus is on 20 minutes in which Lola, the main characters has to get 100,000 marks to her boyfriend. It’s these 20 minutes that have the power to change both Lola’s and her boyfriend, Manni’s lives forever. We watch Lola go through these 20 minutes three different times, each time being different then the last. It’s like three do-overs and on the last attempt, Lola manages to get it just right.

I can’t remember if it was in this film, but I remember seeing dominos and dominos, themselves represent this film quite nicely. Each action and each event leads to the next. When Lola does something different in the second and third “do-over,” there are little changes within those 20 minutes for them and the people around them. This idea of these defining moments and choices have been something I’ve thought about in the past, though this film does the same, just in a lot more interesting way. It’s visually pleasing and intriguing. I think the synergy and harmony is in Lola and Manni as a whole. The things that they do were the things that we were able to see affecting the people around them. This movie is one I’d recommend, especially to people that like art. There’s something about this movie that is like a psychedelic experience, perhaps it’s the concept, the filming, or even the poor quality I watched the film in. 10/10 this movie has me thinking a lot.