VISU 1100-01 Blog Post #11

Part 1: Feedback on Faculty Presentations

Bill Kennedy: Though I’ve seen Bill’s work before, it continues to intrigue me. I think it’s interesting that Bill started as more of a photojournalist photographer and is now working on a collection that is abstract and colorful. This shift in style makes me realize that there is a lot I can do with photography.

Hollis Hammonds: Hollis, Hollis, Hollis. I love that her work can be sculptural and 2D. Her obsession with trash is something I love because it’s different. Tornados too.

Alex Robinson: It’s super cool seeing one of your own professor’s work. I found it interesting too to see the before and after artwork that Alex made once she had children.

Tammie Rubin: I was a little less excited to see Tammie’s artwork because she’s not in the same field as I am, but boy was I wrong. I loved looking at Tammie’s work and learning about the process she does to achieve her pieces. I especially enjoy the texture on all of her pieces that make me want to feel them all.

Joe Vitone: It’s interesting to hear Joe say he’s not an artist, he’s a photographer. I enjoyed Joe’s photographs because of the stories that are behind them all; each photograph Joe told us who was in it and their purpose. Even if Joe were to not tell me the background, his photographs tell stories themselves.

Part 2: 5 Year Plan

WHAT 5 YEAR PLAN? Currently, nope, don’t have one. I think the one thing I do plan on doing though is getting a job (whether it be in the photography field or not), applying and hopefully doing a lot of internships, and graduating college. I think I mostly just need to continue being motivated and working hard to reach these goals.