VISU 1100-01 Blog Post #8

This past class, multiple people came to speak to us about the opportunities we have as students at St. Edward’s. 

• The first person that came and visited us was Roel Martinez, an academic counselor. Thinking about the future and the Spring Semester, I’m a little overwhelmed with the amount of classes I’m going to have to take in order to get a degree. Following Roel’s visit, I made an appointment with my academic counselor and have managed to set up a schedule that I think I can do and enjoy.
  • The second visitor was someone from GEO. The more people talk to me about studying abroad, the more interested I become in taking on the opportunity. If I were to study abroad, I’d most likely look at studying in Tokyo. Tokyo, Japan has been a place I’ve wanted to visit for years and I think it would be a great place to take pictures too. I’m planning on setting up a meeting with someone in the GEO to just get the conversation going.
  • The next couple of people that visited came and spoke to us about extracurricular activities that are open to us. Currently, I’m in a couple of clubs on campus along with being apart of the Odyssey. Following the presentation about Cabra though, I’m thinking about applying for next semester. This means that I need to put together a portfolio though, which is something I’ve needed to do for awhile.

This presentation got me excited about next semester and all the opportunities I have here at St. Edward’s.