Mapping Project: Cognitive Map (decisions decisions)- Graphic Design 1

For our last map, we had to choose types of decisions that needed to be made, and map out the sequence and possibilities of the outcomes of the decision. During this time I was contemplating deleting my social medias, so I thought this map would be perfect in deciding what to do. There was a lot of thought process that went into this because it is not an easy decision to make as there are many pros and cons to deleting social media, especially when you are a graphic designer and social media can be used as a platform to show your work. I used icons as a way to describe certain possibilities, like homework that needs to be done, and especially when describing the different types of platforms. I started off by asking how much time one spends on social media, and from there if action needs to be taken to reduce that amount of time or if no action needs to be taken at all, and then how this interferes with one’s work and school work. I also implemented a legend to help with identifying which icons represent what. During this time I actually did end up deleting my social medias, so I was happy that a graphic design map in school helped me with a real life decision.