Graphic Design II Visual Identity: Mark

I wanted you to think of Barton Springs as a natural environment meant for fun and relaxation. I started off too literal I had basic waves with a “BS” or “Barton Springs” written in there somewhere, it wasn’t original or creative. Then I started to think of Barton Springs as an ecosystem, because they always state that, and how they want everything to be natural and to being together the animals and plants… So that’s when I thought of creating like a globe or snow globe of Barton springs. I also wanted it to be more abstract no more literal wave lines with a think stroke on them. I created a circle and started to create abstract shapes for waves, layering them and messing with their opacity. I later added green and brown for nature ect.. I then left one messy without the circle clipping mask and with. In the critique, the one not constrained in a circle was better received than the one with so I kept it. I also dialed down on the height of the waves and made sure they didn’t look like mountains. I really enjoyed doing this and the way it came out. I had to think more and try to stray away from my very literal way of designing.