Visual Studies Seminar: Blog Post #11

Part 1:

Alex Robinson recently returned to making linear-style drawings. What I took from her presentation that I really liked was when she said “you get something out of nothing”, which to me means to not place limits on how something can be interpreted. Hollis obviously is one of three professors that teaches this course, and what she does is turn apocalyptic collages into detailed drawings, which I think is pretty cool. Bill Kennedy is one of the three professors along with Hollis that teaches this course, and he takes images apart, works on them, and then makes something  new out of it, which is interesting. Joe Vitone is a photographer who stressed the need to love what you do. Tammie Rubin is an artist who makes art that she describes as being a balance between the known and unknown. The audience wants to touch the art but is unable to, causing them to become slightly dissatisfied.

Part 2:

I’m still trying to figure my life out, so I don’t have the next five years of life all cleanly mapped out. I guess that my long term goals post-college would be to work at a game development company. To accomplish that goal, I need to graduate and get at least one internship at a game developer located here in Austin.