Interactive Design: Website

I was inspired to choose the subject of my website by my older dog. My website focuses on promoting older dog adoption through informing potential adopters of the realities of adopting an older dog, the benefits, where to adopt, and what constitutes an older dog. I chose a template that had a home page I liked and then from there I made the website my own by building each page, tweaking the format already in place by the template, and adding my own content. I got the header images from the wix stock photos and the other images are either my own or ones from the websites I got the content they’re paired with. I read articles about older dogs, watched videos, and visited websites of older dog shelters in order to research what I needed to include on my website. I made sure the color scheme was warm and inviting and used mostly browns along with a few pops of color. Hopefully, by compiling all the information there is about adopting an older dog, the website inspires a few people to go out and adopt.

Oldies Website