Market Research Reports (see also Business Research Guide – Industry Information)
- Mintel Academic
Offers yearly reports covering UK, Europe, US and International consumer markets in the CPG/FMCG, financial services, media, retail, leisure and industrial space. Market data including size, segmentation and forecasts. Includes daily updates on the hottest issues affecting key consumer markets and the economy.
Provides access to statistical data on over 60,000 topics from more than 18,000 sources, including market researchers, trade organizations, scientific journals, and government databases. Much of the data is related to marketing, demographic, government and industry information. Data can be downloaded in JPG, PowerPoint and Excel. Type in your product or company name and the words market share.
Contains hundreds of industry analysis reports, both current and historical, with economic, demographic, and government information compiled by economists and industry experts and features Industry Research Reports, Industry Risk Rating Reports, Global Industry Research Reports, and Business Environment Reports. For market share information, click on the tabs above the report name to get industry performance, major companies and competitive landscape.
- Reference USA (Includes the U.S. Consumers/Lifestyles Database)
- Data-Planet Statistical Datasets
See Market Research and Entrepreneurship: Statistics Relevant to Market and Business Development Research
- Business Source Complete
Choose “Market Research Reports.” To find articles with market share information, enter (DE “Market Share”) in the search box along with the name of your product or company.
Company (public and private) and industry information.
“Learn how to develop, implement, and measure a winning marketing strategy using today’s tools and platforms. Our marketing courses help you master traditional marketing skills and the latest digital tools and techniques—learn everything from branding and public relations to SEO, PPC, web analytics, and social media marketing.”
- Films on Demand
Streaming videos on a variety of marketing topics.
- SRDS (Standard Rate and Data Service)
SRDS provides media rates and data for the advertising industry, listing ad rates, circulation information, geographic media coverage, content type, and other information for many forms of media. The content areas included in our subscription: Digital Media, Consumer Magazine Media, Business Publication Media, Local Media, Newspaper Media, Radio Media, and TV & Cable Media.
- Small Business Reference Center
- CB Insights
On Campus Only! First-time users need to create an account using their SEU e-mail address. For entrepreneurs : CB Insights is a venture capital and angel investment database that provides daily real-time information about venture capital and angel investor-backed startup companies, venture capital companies, angel investors and transactions in the United States. CB Insights produces data-driven reports and analyses related to venture capital, private equity and angel investment on a regular basis, including an in-depth quarterly venture capital report.
First-time users need to create an account WHILE ON CAMPUS, using their SEU e-mail address. Once you have an account, this resource may be used off campus. Use the “create an account” link at the login screen.
For entrepreneurs: search thousands of private equity and venture capital deals by hundreds of criteria. Use PitchBook to establish benchmarks, find real time data on deals, identify and analyze comparables, and search investor details.
- Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Campaigns Volume 1 (print call number HF5837.E53 2000) & Volume 3 (online)
- Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation (2014)
- Entertainment, Media and Advertising Market Research Handbook 2017-2018
- Healthcare Business Market Research Handbook 2017-2018
- Leisure Business Market Research Handbook 2017-2018
- Retail Business Market Research Handbook 2017-2018
- Travel & Tourism Market Research Handbook 2017-2018
- Sports Marketing 2018-2019
- Restaurant, Food & Beverage Market Research Handbook 2108-2019
- Business-to Business Marketing 2018-2019
- International Trade Centre
Market analysis tools, market info, sector info, trade info, and country/territory profiles.
- Statistic Brain
Find the latest statistics in business, politics, entertainment, technology and sports.
- U.S. Census Bureau: Country Business Patterns (CPB) CBP is an annual series that provides subnational economic data by industry. This series includes the number of establishments, employment during the week of March 12, first quarter payroll, and annual payroll.
- Market Research.com
The leading provider of market research reports and industry analysis on products, markets, companies, industries, and countries worldwide.
- Export.gov (U.S. Commercial Service)
Includes: Country Commercial Guides, Market Intelligence, & more.
- U.S. Department of Commerce: International Trade Administration
Information about U.S. Federal Government export assistance programs, general export counseling, and country and regional market information.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: National Agricultural Library (AGRICOLA) Marketing and TradeInfo on Animals/Livestock, Food & Human Nutrition, Laws & Regulations, Marketing & Trade, Natural Resources/Environment, Rural Development, Visual Arts &Agricultural History.