Jump to Fundraising section
Non-Profit Business Research
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management A catalyst to ignite and accelerate the impact of individuals and organizations helping nonprofits achieve positive social change.
- Center for Nonprofit Management Directory of grant makers, funding information, resource library, training/events, consulting, and more.
- Charity Navigator Find and evaluate a charity.
- Council on Foundations Initiatives, programs, resources, legal information, public policy, events, and more related to foundations and corporate giving programs.
- Candid This is a leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources that they need to succeed.
- Mission Capital Provides the tools and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change.
- Guidestar – Nonprofit reports and Forms 990 (limited free information, SEU does not subscribe)
- Idealist Find volunteer opportunities, events, and organizations to support.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS): Charities and Nonprofits Applying for tax exempt, annual reporting/filing, Educational Products, Workshops and Seminars for Exempt Organizations.
- National Center on Nonprofit Enterprises Provides nonprofit leaders and managers, consultants, students, and others interested in nonprofit management with access or links to resources, in particular thinking and ideas, that concern securing support and using it well.
- National Council of Nonprofits Public policy, reports/data, publications, research, events, leadership opportunities, and more information on nonprofits.
- USA.gov for Nonprofits Grants, loans, management, operation information, tax information, and more.
- BoardSource BoardSource is the only national organization focused exclusively on good governance practices for nonprofit board of directors, chief executives, funders and other leaders.
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action U.S.-based, national and international association that connects scholars, teachers, and practice leaders interested in research on nonprofit organizations, voluntary action, philanthropy and civil society.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Ethical and effective fundraising resources.
- Fundsnet Services Fundraising and Grants Directory providing resources, such as information about grants, fundraising, philanthropy, foundations, and 501(c)(3) non-profits organizations, to those in need of funding and research for their their philanthropic efforts and missions.
- Grants.gov Find and apply for federal grants.