Visual Identity: Mark

Visual Identity: Mark

For the finished mark, I was trying to create a visual identity that could express the mood and attitude of the heath Eiland and Morgan Moss BMX and Skate Park. I saw the location as aggressive, fun, and energetic, so I tried to match that in the form. The sharp and tapered lines suggest the aggressive and energetic nature of the park, with all the motion involved in the various tricks and grinds that the skaters perform. The round and not-so-accurate form of the skateboard also suggest something fun and family-friendly, which is a big part of what makes the park unique as a space. Yet the same time, the clash between these two different forms really highlights the fact that the park is for thrill-seekers and casual participants alike, and that is really the core of the park’s message. I think overall the entire design is a living, changing thing, but in its current state it was something exciting and interesting, and I believe that everything from the forms used to the colors chosen seems to amplify the idea of the park’s duality and its tone.