Blog Post #6

1. My greatest strengths in Rhetoric & Composition II include: staying on task, pre-search and research, writing with thought, choosing credible sources, etc.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: go to the writing center so they could help me revise my papers.  By doing this, I will learn from my mistakes and hopefully won’t have any more obvious little mistakes.

My greatest strengths in Foundations of Art & Design include: the ability to sketch, follow instructions, include my imagination into my drawings even if they have to be simple.

For greater success in this course, I need to: do my projects earlier so I am not rushing in the end trying to make everything the way I want it to be.  With correct planning and enough time,  I wouldn’t have this problem.

My greatest strengths in FSTY-1121-01 include: being able to connect with others and include my opinions.

For greater success in this course, I need to: reach out to the people in my seminar when I have questions because they are from different classes they do have different outlooks.

My greatest strengths in FSTY-1321-01 include: the ability to use my creativeness and imagination to invent new things to solve problems.

For greater success in this course, I need to: take a nap before so I am well-rested since it is a night class, lasting 3 hours.

My greatest strengths in Presentational Speaking include: the way I talk about topics that matter to me and others.

For greater success in this course, I need to: overcome my fear of public speaking by practicing and getting more comfortable.

My greatest strengths in PSYC- 2301-04 include: my drive to study and get everything down so that I am prepared for quizzes and tests.

For greater success in this course, I need to: study efficiently, instead of spending so much time studying, make a way to study that gets everything down in a reasonable amount of time and benefits me.

My greatest strengths in VISU-1100 include: applying the study habits that we learn into real-life.

For greater success in this course, I need to: talk to the professors more to find out what other courses there are like this one.

Computer skills:

1. My computer skills: are exceptional, I would say I am a tech savvy person.  Although I would say I am pretty good with typing and applications, when I came to St. Edward’s I realized there are people that know a lot more than me.
  2. I still need to learn: applications such as photoshop.  I would really like to get into this to expand my knowledge and creativity.

Research & writing skills:

1. My greatest strengths as a researcher/writer include: the opinions I put forth in my papers are straight-forward and I will back them up.  I have always been into creative writing so I feel like that is a good angle I go with.
  2. I need to work on these aspects of research and writing:  finding sources that are more credible, which can be found right here at the St. Edward’s Library.
  3. I learn best & accomplish most when:  my professors are engaged and enthusiastic  about the subject they are teaching.   I also enjoy projects and creative group discussions.

ACTION PLAN

Choose one class that you are struggling with or are not doing as well as you could.  I feel like I am not doing as well as I could in Psychology, especially because it is my major.  I know I will do better in Psychology once I get deeper into the field and narrow it down to a certain topic.
Now make a list of 10 ways you could improve your performance in this class.

1. Be more engaged.
  2. Take more accurate and beneficial notes.
  3. Go to tutoring.
  4. Email my professor or get together with her when I have questions.
  5. Study the past quizzes and tests.
  6. Get there early to speak to teacher or stay after when I am struggling.
  7. Get together with classmates to study.
  8. Do homework earlier to avoid stress.
  9. Take water so I am not sleepy and focused.
  10. Study at the same time and in the same place everyday.