Response about Dr. Kennedy’s presentation

I enjoyed Dr. Kennedy’s talk on Monday about Photography very much, especially his work.  His art work surprised me because I always forget how beautiful Photography is when it is mixed with digital editing.  Photography is beautiful, don’t get me wrong, but when Dr. Kennedy showed his art, I was speechless.  His creativity blew my mind and actually inspired me to invest in a camera.  He got inspired by little things and turned his photos almost into what we picture in our brain, instead of realistically.  The colors were vivid and life-like, making the photos fun.  The structure of the lines and colors come together, giving his art a theme kind of like chemicals, bonds, structures, DNA’s and such.  Maybe that is how only I interpret it, but I think it is extraordinary.  The main wicked problem of photography in my eyes would be that it is hard to capture something that hasn’t already been captured.  Anyone can claim themselves to be a photographer and use all the available photo editing applications.  Dr. Kennedy doesn’t seem too affected by this because his art is so different, but this affects everyone in general.

One thought on “Response about Dr. Kennedy’s presentation”

1. Victoria, I am excited to hear that you have been inspired by this presentation. I an interested to see what images you chose to capture with your new camera.