Blog Post #9

In this blog post, I will be writing about an Artist by the name of Ying Liu. Ying Liu is a painter that was born in China and moved to the United States to study the many forms of art. She is known mostly due to her watercolor & oil paintings depicting people and landscapes. Her artworks are very realistic and she uses oil, watercolor, and pastels to create them.

chuck

The reason I chose Ying Liu for this blog post was because as an artist myself I am really fascinated by her work. The way she uses watercolor is superb and  makes me envious wishing I had skills like her. Watercolor is a hard media to master, so looking at her art gives me motivation to hopefully create something as realistic as one of her paintings.

morros-morrow

As an artist myself I can really appreciate her artistic style it reminds me of something you’d find hung up at a hospital. Her paintings have an amazing effect of making me feel calm and relaxed. I find her artwork very compelling and definitely something I would buy if I were to hang something up at my home. All in all, Ying Liu is an outstanding artistic which I think should be more recognized due to her amazing works of art.

Link to her other artworks: http://yingliufineart.com/works