I’m Jeffery Downs, the new Writing Center Coordinator, at St. Edward’s. I have had the pleasure of serving St. Ed’s for the past two years as an adjunct teacher of First Year Writing. Now, I am excited to do even more for the students, and faculty, by coordinating the Writing Center.
We are located on the second floor of the Munday Library, and offer face to face, as well as asynchronous online collaboration/consultation for any type of writing assignment.
- The St. Edward’s Writing Center is staffed by Writing teachers
- Open Monday-Saturday
- F2F, video, or online asynchronous submission
- (ESL, multilingual students can find a great deal of support
- From brainstorming to final draft, the WC can help
- Not just for papers! We can also help with presentations, visual rhetoric, and other multimodal projects
- We offer an environment of collaboration, not instruction
- The website offers many resources for students to explore and use on their own–tools for their writing success
The Writing Center is always ready to work with you. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeffery Downs, MA
Writing Center Coordinator
St. Edward’s University, Austin, Texas