Blog Post #1

Part I:

1.  The main points of Article #1 is that there are certain traits in artists that are helpful to anyone seeking future business opportunities such as being comfortable with ambiguity and relying on their intuition. Article #2 meanwhile, poses the argument that artists are entrepreneurs due to the idea that both jobs require passion while also being knowledgable about the market and other issues in the economy.
  2.  Artists can learn from entrepreneurs is the idea of teamwork as, even though artists do have peers in the community, working and communicating well in a team is a skill that everyone should have and exercise regularly.
  3.  I agree that artists are entrepreneurs because both fields need one to be able to take immense risks as well as be able to have a drive to achieve their goals. Artists in my opinion, actually have more passion and drive than an entrepreneur as they choose a career that does fit in the usual social norms.
  4.  I agree with most of the traits in the list as the artists I have met are usually passionate, flexible, and able to craft such innovative goods. However, I do not agree with the trait that they work under constraints because it implies that artists should always be under constant stress, glorifying ‘crunch time’ even though such overwork and pressure is dangerous.
  5.  I would add that artists are perfectionists, but that is also tricky to add to the list being a perfectionist is a double edged blade. With that, comes love and care for the piece that an artist is making, but also the  level of emotional distress the artist receives if they do not believe the artwork came out as intended.
  6.  Both articles were an interesting comparison of artists and entrepreneurs that I would have never thought about, given how I just assumed that artists were savvy only in trying to figure out the demands of the market.

Part II:

1. I have 3.75 grit, which apparently means that I am grittier than 60% of the U.S population. However, I do believe that I can and should increase my grit to be more hard working and better achieve my goals.
  2.     To increase my grit, I could try and have : better time management, stop procrastinating on work, and to have better focus on the end product when it comes to my personal projects. A lot of the times that I have tried to follow through with my art usually fails because I end up hating my art before I even finish the piece. To change that and keep making more art, I need to be more positive about myself and my art style.