Current Classwork

This picture was of an assignment for Drawing 1 class. The goal of the assignment was to accurately represent a carton of milk through the use of several techniques relating to 3 dimensional objects and cubes that we have studied recently. I made it by first creating 3 dimensional cubes and triangles to make the box, and I used lots of smaller rectangles to make sure that the text and fonts are in the right place and the right size.

The strongest aspect of this work in my opinion is the proportions, the sizing, and the text on the box. The weakest part was the shading and strength of the lines. It was extremely light and hard to see from far away. This project can’t really be strengthened conceptually since the goal of it was to accurately portray a real life object. You’re not supposed to change anything about it. However, technically, it needs to be done over again with better and stronger lines. I need to do more shading and make sure certain parts are not too light.

This second project was for Visual Studies 1 class. The goal was to come up with a set of images that show different techniques of gestalt that we studied for class. I took a bunch of images with the focus of street art and graffiti. The strongest aspect of my work is possibly the subject material since I focused hard on it and it’s evident that I care a lot about what I’m taking pictures of. It’s something that personally interests me. The weakest aspect is probably that I took so many pictures of so many different types of street art. I feel like it would be stronger if I had a bunch of pieces on just graffiti, or just paintings. I think that’s probably how I could strengthen it conceptually. Technically, I noticed that I need to fix some of the compositions of the images. Sometimes I had things in the wrong spot so that it didn’t look like it was the main focus of the image.

Overall, I’m really enjoying the types of projects I am getting to do in college. I am already learning a lot.