Blog #12

Part One

Kim Garza, is a graphic designer who teaches junior level classes here at St. Edwards. She’s had every title you can possibly have and is now designing apps for phones. Her first app she designed was called eventurist and its for people who travel quite often or are planning a trip. The app helps you plan a little better and get to where you’re headed a bit easier.

Tammie Ruben is a ceramic sculpture whom sculpts things out of recycled material, like plastic food covers or plastic bottles. She takes these objects and burns them and then glosses them with color. I like her way of thinking and what she does, I find it extremely interesting and different. I also love the way she described her process by just expanding on something small.

James (I don’t know his last name), is a photography major, he takes pictures with a view camera, I believe. He takes pictures of accidental beauty and has a series having to do with space. A lot of his pictures are taken at night with very little lighting and he uses surrealism as the base of his pictures.

Part Two

I feel that this course gave me a look at what I can do with my major and what others have done. I enjoyed looking and listening to other people who are interested in the same thing I am and show me what all I can do with it.