Skills Inventory Check

For each class ask yourself the following:

1. My greatest strengths in SCIE-2320-07 include: My ability to communicate with my group partners to complete a project in due time.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: Not cram last minute for quizzes.
  1. My greatest strengths in IGST-2325 Audio include: The determination to have the best end-product cinematic and self-teach myself the program.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: Practice more with the actual program and not procrastinate.
  1. My greatest strengths in IGST-2399 include: Asking questions in class for best understanding, note-taking.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: READ THE BOOK
  1. My greatest strengths in French-1311 include: My prior knowledge and want to learn and understand this language.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: Do more practice in the homework and do exercises that are not graded.
  1. My greatest strengths in VISU-1100 include: Paying attention, asking questions or input in a class that doesn’t really seem very interactive.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: Probably stop doing my blog posts an hour before class.

Computer skills:

1. My computer skills include: Understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel, C++.
  2. I still need to learn: Javascript, Audition, FLStudio, Blender.

Research & writing skills:

1. My greatest strengths as a researcher/writer include: I type fast and make notes I understand, but I can still provide reports that are readable and easy to understand by the person reviewing it.
  2. I need to work on these aspects of research and writing: Do it little by little overtime, instead of all at once and dealing with 15 tabs open.
  3. I learn best & accomplish most when: I am truly interested in the subject, or the subject has something to do with creativity.

ACTION PLAN

Choose one class that you are struggling with or are not doing as well as you could.
Now make a list of 10 ways you could improve your performance in this class.

IGST -2399, Intro to Video Games
1. Read the book.
2. Do not try to read all chapters of the book the night before quizzes.
3. Do not try to watch a whole documentary the night before quizzes.
4. Finish the rest of the participation in discussions, they’re graded.
5. Try to finish discussion posts or necessary videos/articles asap.
6. Ask more questions for clarification.
7. Go back and organize notes.
8. Read through notes while organizing to make sure they make sense.
9. Read the book.
10. Ask a question relevant to the topic being discussed that day, but would still further my own curiosity thus making it more engaging.