VISU1100 Blog Post #10

These are two pieces of work that I have recently completed. The first piece is a personal project that I did for Halloween and the second is one of my final collages from a visual studies project I just finished. The first piece named “Kitten” I made digitally in photoshop. I had a sudden phase of drawing masks due to it being Halloween and lately I have been doing more portraits in photoshop and then painting a color behind the line art. The red circle represents the moon and the color red was to insinuate blood. I would actually like to recreate this as an actual painting and then continuing the mask through an entire series of paintings. The second piece is one of two final collages I did for my second project in visual studies. The main concept behind it was creating a futuristic atmosphere. I changed the perspective of the building in photoshop and then cut it out after I printed it and then added to triangular pieces of paper behind it along with a strip of a wrapper behind it. I wanted to give the pice movement so I pointed the triangles toward the center where the perspective shrinks. This was my favorite piece out of the two I did for the project.