Creativity and Making: Pink

Meaning is the new money. That was my favorite part of this reading. I had always been taught that I should follow my dreams and do big things and do what will make me happy one day! But as my parents also taught me, I needed to find a job that makes me money too. How is it that they made it would like money and my happiness were going to be in two separate boats? But I had to choose the one that made me money or I was going to be a struggling artist like my older sister, said my dad. It was drilled into my head that “artist” or “artistic career” and “money” were not correlated. It has brought much fear into my life, this belief. I swore I would not get a degree in something artsy like my sister. Look at me now.

This reading realy brought together the fact that creatives are everywhere and they ARE successful. They don’t always fit into this box of who I paint them out to be: painters, photographers, drawers. They are in many different career positions and ones that make money at that! Who knew? I surely didn’t. Can I follow my passion and have a job that brings me joy and helps me grow creatively? Yes. And those types of people are actually being sought after by different industries. Design and creativity are essential ways of making a product or industry unique in an age where things are faster, more technological, and cheaper.