Blog post #8

Part 1

Jimmy Luu’s graphic design work is very interesting and compelling. The work he did on the risograph was very beautiful and engaging. I believe that his work ethic is outstanding, which is important when it comes to graphic designing.

Kim Garza’s work was somewhat confusing and not really for me. I found that her working on a play while she was in graphic design did not fit so well. I’m sure her work is great to others but it was not for me.

Bill Kennedy’s photography work was incredible. I love the abstractness of his pictures. All of the colors popped and everything worked very well together. I also enjoy his landscape photos even though they were not in the presentation. Overall, his work is thought-provoking and outstanding.

The work within Tuan Phan’s presentation is something I would like to learn how to do. Everything he made in the slideshow was very cool and interesting. I find it interesting that he makes posters for many on-campus events (something id like to do). I also found his presentation to be very helpful because he gave a lot of information on how to become a better student and worker within the graphic design field.

Part 2

Within the next five years, I plan on pursuing graphic design and finding a job within that field. But before then, I plan on having internships and loads of experience so I can have the best job possible and the most knowledge possible. To accomplish these goals, I would say I need to build a strong work ethic and have a passion for this field.