Blog Post #9 by Taylor Gonzalez

Since I did not make it to the previous class when the alumni spoke, I decided to write about a musician that inspires me. I chose a musician to write about because I believe that art can be expressed in many ways, especially music. The musician I chose is Dave Grohl. Dave Grohl is a world-renowned musician who has been a countless number of bands and can play many different instruments. Some of the most famous bands he has been in include Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and Queens of the Stone Age. Dave Grohl got his start in music at a young age when he heard a song on the radio and he realized what a harmony in singing was. This eventually led to him learning how to play drums by playing to the music he loved by using his pillows on his bed as a drum set.  Ultimately, all of these events led to him being in his first band while building a name for himself. Eventually, in 1990, Dave Grohl joined the band Nirvana. This was a major milestone for Dave and an important event which will make him one of the most well-known rockstars in the world. After the end of Nirvana, when Kurt Cobain passed away, Dave decided to start his own band called the Foo Fighters. Dave recorded the first Foo Fighters’ album completely by himself in 1994 and released it in 1995. Ever since then, Foo Fighters have come out with about 10 albums and has become a huge rock band.

Overall, Dave Grohl’s work is very inspirational to me and has inspired me in my music and even in my artwork. I believe he will continue to be inspirational to me and many others for as long as he is releasing music.