Skills Inventory and Action Plan

Rhetoric and Composition II

1. My greatest strengths in Rhetoric and Comp. II include: I always make time for my assignments. I am able to go into the class prepared and I never miss a class.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to improve my skills as a writer. My content is good, but I cannot really get into an essay easily. I need to improve I structure my essays.

History of Video Games

1. My greatest strengths in History of Video Games include that I have previous knowledge of the video game industry due to my hobbies of playing video games and researching the history of games and developers that I am interested in. I take notes on a regular basis and I make sure to study.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: I still need to work on essay structuring and I need to remember more of the specific knowledge of the material that we study.

Foundation of Art and Design

1. My greatest strengths in Foundation of Art and Design include: I can come up with many different solutions to the projects that are given. I also do my best to use my time efficiently.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to figure out better ways to execute some of my projects. I also need to

World Building In Dystopias

1. My greatest strengths in Worldbuilding in Dystopias include: I always make time to read the material that we are assigned in class. I help bring in more in-depth discussions about the text in our class.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: As I mentioned before, I still need to work on writing my essays. I also need to do a better job at understanding some of the symbolism that is in the books we read.

Pre-Calculus

1. My greatest strengths in Pre-Calculus include: math is one of my strongest subjects. I always enjoy going into the homework, because of the challenge and how I find math to just be a puzzle. I also have had Pre-Calculus and Calculus in the past and that makes the class easy for me.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: I need to ask for help from my teacher when I do not understand a question. There was one question from the quiz that I did not understand how to solve at all and I felt like I could have done better if I asked about the stuff I did not understand.

Computer skills:

1. My computer skills include: I know how to write emails. I know code with some languages like Python. I know how to upload assignments. I know how to do just about anything with a computer that is necessary for any class.
  2. I still need to learn: I wish I could learn other coding languages. I need to learn how to type more quickly. Outside of those two things, I do not think I have any problems that I have to deal with when using a computer. I practically grew up knowing all the bells and whistles of computers.

Research & writing skills:

1. My greatest strengths as a researcher/writer include: I am able to find any kind of article that is important to the topic of my research. I know how to write good content for my essays.
  2. I need to work on these aspects of research and writing: I do not know how to structure an essay that can be acceptable for a college student. It is something I really need to work on.
  3. I learn best & accomplish most when: I should go to the writing center more often when I need help for my essays. I should ask my teachers for advice on future papers.

Action Plan For Rhetoric and Composition II

1. I need to meet with my professor to talk about previous assignments and how I can improve from them for the next ones.
  2. Get help from the writing center for essays and revisions.
  3. Learn how to do MLA citations.
  4. Learn how to structure my essays and be more clear with my wording.
  5. Ask other classmates for help.
  6. Look for resources that are physical, such as books and magazines, rather than relying on resources from the internet.
  7. Get a better understanding of reading assignments that are given.
  8. Use websites like Purdue Owl when I forget how to perform a certain task when writing a paper.
  9. Plan to do my assignments even further ahead from the due date.
  10. Ask an experienced college student that I know for advice on how to handle and structure college essays.