Senior Presentation Review

Michelle (ARTS)

Michelle had a very interesting portfolio to show off. It is the kind of portfolio I can expect from an art major. I was fond of how her early work compared to her later work. It shows the type of improvements that have been made over the years. It was fascinating to see that she got an award fora project. It was disappointing to see that she does not get anything extra for working on those advertisements.

Hanna (GDES)

What I found interesting was how she mentioned that she that she did not originally intend to get into graphic design major. It must be hard to stick to something that you got into by accident. It was cool to see some of the designs she has come up with. I found myself a little unexcited in the beginning because I was waiting for the IGST major to present. (Nothing personal)

Clara (PHCO)

I found this presentation to be more insightful on photography. I have a friend that is going to major in photography and I had no clue as to what kind of stuff he was going to be involved in. It was interesting to see the type of pictures that are taken and the processes involved in those photos. I found the work that she titled “Layers” to be the most interesting work she showed off.

Alexis (IGST)

Alexis had a pretty interesting presentation because it was the field that I really wanted to enter. It was interesting to see the types of stuff she has created in her classes. I have already heard about having connections within the video game industry and to have a portfolio multiple times. I like how she started off talking about the games that inspired her. The games that people play are the reasons they are in that course. I was expecting to hear that it was hard and time-consuming work. I know how hard it is to be able to work on a game. The two things that really disappointed me about her presentation was that she did not talk about coding or about what you will get out of the field. You can make the argument that this is visual studies class, but coding is an important part of game development.

The two things that really disappointed me about her presentation was that she did not talk about coding or about what you will get out of the field. You can make the argument that it was a presentation meant for a Visual Studies course, but coding is one of the most important parts of developing a game. She does not even talk about the rewards of developing a game. This kind of depressed me a bit because she talked about how hard it is without mentioning why she wants to go into the field in the future.