Advanced Typography Final Self Evaluation

Expert hours per week: 20-22

Expert hours this semester: roughly 330

image (5) image (6)

Sophistication of My Work: Strong

I think the sophistication of my work has progressed tremendously since the start of the class; especially this book project. When given the assignment, I was genuinely terrified at how much there was to do, although the nerves set in I was also excited about the project as a whole. I think that given where I am, as a sophomore, the sophistication of my work is still growing and has a lot of room to grow but overall I think its strong for the time I’ve been at this and the opportunities I’ve been given. I recognize that there as absolutely still things I can work on as far as the level of sophistication goes, but I’m proud I’ve how far I’ve come.

Use of Practice Time: Strong

I think I lived in the trustee lab this semester. I was constantly there, even when I really didn’t want to be because I knew how important my spare time was to get this book done as well as the other graphic design projects I was assigned this semester. I can confidently say that my use of practice time has been significantly higher than it was last semester, and I think it has been reflected onto my work. My goal for the semester was to have about 16 to 18 hours a week devoted to expert hours, and that number was successful reached and then some. I think that my use of practice time allowed me to increase the quality of my work and allow me to get stronger as a graphic designer as a whole.

Contribution to Climate: Medium

I feel like this semester was much more focused on bettering ourselves on an individual level. I did really value the critics we had, but as opposed to previous semesters we had less of those and more individual critics I would say. I think that my utilization of what was said at critics was very high, I’ve always valued the importance of what other people have to say about my work and how I can improve. I tried to always participate in the class discussions and contribute as much as possible. I think that I could’ve been on time to class more, which is why I give myself a medium on this category.

Social/Emotional Development: Strong

This semester was devoted to my graphic design major. I was consistently at the lab. It was very difficult juggling my 15 hours of classes and partime job, and I also finding time for myself at the same time, but I think I was successful in doing so. I’ve always been a person of balance. I think it’s extremely important to devote a great portion of your effort into school, cause that’s my number one job, but I also think that finding time for myself is also something that’s really important to me. The end of the semester was a little bit stressful with everything coming to and finish, but I got everything done and I’m confident in my work.

Change within myself:

I think that as the semester progressed, I did as well. I started the semester doing o.k. On my weather video project, there were definitely some things I did wrong and needed to improve on so I began to devote more and more practice time to getting better.

With the overall outcome of the Fulbright project, I am extremely proud of myself. It was by far the most complicated and difficult assignment I have been given thus far, but at the end of the day I enjoyed doing it and I’m proud of my work.

There are a few things that, if given more time, I know I could’ve improved. For instance, the cover page, I wish the gray was darker on the top and bottom border, the maps, little things like that I know I could fix if given more time. But with all the other tests and assignments I was given this semester, I know it was by far my most challenging semester, and overall I’m proud of myself. I think my ability to recognize what I need to improve and the steps I have to take in order to do so as well as the effort I put into this project I would give myself and overall grade of an A.