Mid Term Assessment

The first rating level is the use of practice time. I think use of practice time pertains to time management and using allotted periods of time to work on projects.  I put myself at the consistent work level partly because I used my time during work days to work on my symbols and to get help from Tuan. i was there at every work day and whatever I didn’t finish during class I finished after.

The second rating level is the sophistication of your work. This level means how aware you are of achieving the main goals and techniques of the project that you are working on. I ranked myself at medium because I believe that my work was deliberate and that I knew enough of what was expected to create work that was acceptable.

The third rating level is use of feedback. This level pertains to how you use the feedback you are given from your peers and your teacher and if you use the feedback to improve your work. I ranked myself at useful/improved because I listened to the feedback that was given and fixed the mistakes that were pointed out. I thought i used my feedback well and implemented it into my symbols.

The fourth rating is the level of challenge you gave yourself. I interpret this as whether or not you pushed yourself to do your best and make your best work. I put myself at medium because I believe that I challenged myself in creating symbols that I would be happy with and that my peers would find interesting. I honestly do not understand what “there” or “here” mean in terms of challenging oneself.

The fifth rating is other expert experiences. This level is about whether or not you did outside work or have been doing outside work. I marked myself down as other stuff. I work on my personal art stuff every couple of days and I am apart of the design team for New Literati (a literary magazine) and have been learning how to manipulate a Squarespace website.

The sixth rating is social emotional development. I suppose that these level involves how we as student designers conduct ourselves during critiques and in our work. I put myself at the mature level because I believe that during the course of this project I have used the time given to me to work on this project wisely and have treated my classmates with respect.

The seventh rating is your contribution to the classroom climate. This level concerns how you as a student have contributed to the class during critique and the attitude you have during class. I put myself at room temperature because although I think I had a good attitude during class and didn’t rock the boat or anything, I didn’t really contribute that much during critique.