Mid-Term Assessment Essay

1 Where are you in your hours that you declared earlier in the semester? Looking at your work now, are your current accumulated hours enough?

My hours are at a good place right now. For this project I spent I good about of time on it, not too much and too little. I think having a schedule helped me keep on track with this project. Without it I think I would have waited till the last min to put everything together. Also getting feedback on each LATCH helped me move forward after each critique.

2 Has your definition of “sophisticated” work changed from last semester? If so, how so? What is sophisticated in your weather report?

I think my definition of sophistication has stayed the same since last semester, but working with motion has made my definition change a bit to fit the criteria. While working with motion I think what makes it sophisticated is if objects move clearly across the screen and not in one big jumble mess.

3 Describe how the new things you’ve learned so far connect to what you already had coming into the  semester.

Working with after effects I knew some of the basic features and haven’t had the time to explore more of the program. While working on this project I was able to learn new things like easing objects as then move on and off the screen.

4 What are somethings you are still unsure about in this project that you would like to know more about?

I think I understood this project pretty well.

5 Assign a level of value to this project. Identify two other projects in your creative life and place this weather report relative to them. How close or far are they from one another? What qualities did each project have that the other’s didn’t that would rate them higher/lower?

This project has value of 8 out of 10. It made me work with a new program that I haven’t really worked with before and I was able to learn something new, but at the same time I think some of the criteria could have been changed, like having everything on the screen at all times. This project relates to other projects I have done like the portfolio interface I made last semester because we worked with after effects. It’s also different because in the interface project the movement consisted more of slides and not too much variation.

6 Break down the percentages of what entities are responsible for creating growth within the creative you. Am I part of it? Part of it is on you, right? Do you consider your classmates/friends as influencers on the course of your trajectory for success? At the end of the semester you will be evaluating me, but right now within your own pie piece, how much have you brought to the game? How did it end up that you brought that much?

With this project I think about 70% is myself, 15% is you, and other 15% is classmates. Along with myself and the 70% it also includes things I do outside of the class that inspires me and things I can draw ideas from. You also play a role in the growth of our creative process because you can critique us and offer up a certain kind of feedback that classmates can’t offer up. I also think classmates play a role because we can draw different ideas from one another and relate to each other more because we are all working on the same project at the same time.