Part 1: Thoughts on Faculty Presentations

• Kim Garza
    • Kim in her presentation showed us her work and talked about her creative journey. I thought is was really cool that she talked about her husband creating new music to the steps or dancing to a play and how she used the music her husband made to make a new play based on the new music. It was also interesting how she used problems that we have in society to make creative content like guides to help parents with new born babies.
  • Bill Kennedy
    • Bill in his presentation showed us his work of turning ordinary objects into work that is not recognizable in the final product. He talked about how he used Photoshop to make his final product and how he had no set method but did whatever he thought was right to make the final product. In my opinion I did not like his work. I thought it was boring and the art did not catch my attention in any way.
  • Tuan Phan
    • Tuan talked about the past work he has created. My favorite work he created was how during the election he made face stickers of Hillary and Trump with the election day date.
  • Jimmy Luu
    • Jimmy talked to us about his risograph lab and publication experiences. I really liked this professors presentation the best because he has worked in publication which is something I am looking for in my career.

Part 2: My 5-Year Plan

What is it that I want to achieve:

-I want to be a book cover designer at a book publishing company with a $41,000 salary.

Steps I need to take to achieve this goal:

• Become very familiar with InDesign
  • Complete an internship with a book publishing company
  • have a good resume