VISU 1311 Project 1 Reflection_Yenesis Moreno

Critique Reflection

This critique was one of the first serious critiques I had this school year. The other one I had already experienced was for my drawing class and it was more about basics and the common principles in drawing so going into this critique I had somewhat of an idea of how it would go. I was already use to talking about my work because I had been in situations similar to a critique before in high school and in one of my summer camps. It was very useful to prepare what I wanted to say about my images because I could evaluate them further than just the visual components of the actual image itself and actually take the time to think of the meaning behind the image.

I was one of the first people to present and I liked that experience because my images were still new to the eyes of the professors and I didn’t run the risk of it having been presented already so I liked that part of my experience. Being in front of the class was not as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be. I just took my time to explain how I meant to capture my images and how it represented GESTALT. Listening to the critique of my own images was very interesting because I enjoy hearing what other people have to say and I like to listen to their perspective on my images. I had not considered seeing photographs in groups and how they should have a common thread within them so when I was told they did not really “match” I completely understood what they meant. Having this mindset for seeing the photographs in sets was very eye opening and now made me have a different perspective for when shooting.

While listening to my classmates being evaluated it was a really great learning experience because some mistakes that they made I have made before and it was good to get insight on those problems before I made one. Evaluating everyone’s work was a nice experience to see where everyone is at in their artistic level.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.