Switch up your routine and keep a low carbon footprint by checking out all of Austin’s coolest spots. Below are some easy tips and awesome hang out places to get the full eco-friendly experience Using these tips you can reduce your carbon footprint while enjoying the great outdoors and all Austin has to offer!
1. Check out some sustainable coffee houses. Cosmic Coffee grows all of their garnishes for their drinks and provides a certified natural habitat for many creatures living in its garden. Plus, it’s right across the street from campus which means you can get there sustainably by walking.
2. Get outside for free and check out Austin Parks such as Zilker Park or Pease Park Conservatory. Explore local museums and spaces like Umlauf Sculpture Garden on free admission days.
3. Check out some local thrift stores like Thriftland or Austin Pets Alive Thrift. If you’re looking for back to school clothes, try thrifting first.
4. Visit your local farmer’s market. There are several in the area on different days of the week. You can find farmer’s markets at Barton Creek Mall, the Toney Burger Center, Mueller, and downtown.
5. Check out Austin’s famous Mexican free-tailed bats. Hit the trails at Lady Bird Lake and then make your way to the Congress Street Bridge near dusk to see the bats heading out to find food.