Brainstorm Meeting Reflection

Our group did a lot of the planning for what we want to end up doing for our final project and presentation. We also shared what we found during our interviews. We completed the worksheet, as well. We talked about possible solutions to the transportation problems Austin faces. Our plan is to make a trifold display board that shows different parts of our wicked problem. We might also make a brochure or large note-card to pass out to people. I gained some new insights from our meeting, as well. This includes the fact that many of the residents of Austin have cars, but choose to walk or bike to work because it’s actually faster than driving due to the insane traffic. Also, traffic varies throughout the day, but it can even get bad between midnight and three in the morning. These problems made me wonder how the city could hurry up and expand roads without taking years doing construction and clogging up the roads in the meantime. I also wonder if the city can make new roads to help ease congestion. It’s possible the city is already too full to make a lot of new roads, though. I think the WiP has been going great and that my group has gained a lot of new insights into some of the problems that face Austin residents every day.