03 mid term dialogue vFA19_Gomez_Esai

1.

Uneven. My expert hours are dwarfed by practice time. I don’t spend any time outside of class to work on any of the assignments because the work is possible to finish in-class thanks to the practice time. I personally do not see a reason why I would need practice hours which contributes as to why my expert hours come up short. Obviously, it seems that I will have to reevaluate my way of thinking on it and change the rating. For now my rating will be on uneven.

2.

Medium. I am in no means a professional in my work but I’m not absolutely clueless on how to go about my work. Once I get some clarification or better alternatives on how to approach an obstacle, I use it to better the quality of my work. When shown how my work looks in the outline viewing, it helped me better understand how to make my work less of a hassle for both me and the device to work with.

3.

Useful. For the most part, I have taken some of the feedback given to my work with a grain of salt. Some feedback given are those I can understand while the rest leaves me wondering what they’re trying to say. Someone circling an area where it looks crooked is understandable and I would go ahead and fix it in the next practice time given. But there have been instances where I’m not sure what the person is telling me when they circle an area where nothing wrong with. Perhaps the design choice confused them or they felt like they had to circle something for the sake of doing so.

4.

Medium. I want to be realistic when deciding how to go about my work. I would look at three of the previous sets of symbols and decide how to combine them and go from there. I figure that the new set of symbols should be made from at least 2 or 3 of the last symbols made and change their color schemes as I see fit. As far as challenging the others go, I don’t know enough about what they’re thinking so that I can properly challenge them. When viewing some of their work, I would go to an area that seems pretty blank and circle it to say something like “something can go here.” Other than that, I can’t think of anything else.

5.

Lots of Extra Stuff. It isn’t exactly accurate to say that I only focus on the class assignments as I do have another class I like to work on even outside of class. In this other class I try and figure out how to make a project work and what I can do to fix it or add to it to make it the best it can be.

6.

Mature. I’d like to say that I fit this rating over the other ones. Especially in terms of the descriptions. I have an idea as to what I want to create and I make it happen. For the most part, all of the ideas I had for the illustrations came out exactly as I had planned. When the illustration seems off, I change the thickness of the lines, move shapes around, add pen lines to give an area more shape, and then I’m happy for it.

7.

Room Temp. I don’t feel like going out of my way to try and make friends with everyone in the room since we are there to work. At best I’ll communicate with the ones nearest to me. Things wouldn’t seem to go well if I had decided to be cold and it wouldn’t benefit me in any way, shape, or form.

(Illustration files will be added later.)