WiP Project Assignment 3: Step B – Blog/Reflection

interview for Health Care

Finding someone to interview was the hardest rejection I had ever had. I emailed plenty of people that interconnected with health care. But most of them didn’t even respond saying no. I called two and one of them told me that they would get back to me, but of course, they never did. After looking  at some health care places I came across Austin Adult Day Health Center, and I called to see if they could answer and they gave me the time and effort. I started to introduce myself and she was a registered nurse that was working in the health center for adults. She introduced herself, Joline, and I continued the interview. I learned that it is a big impact on adults since her perspective was about more adults ending up in the ER because they can’t afford health care. She said that income was a big effect on the elders. And since they are more fragile going to hospitals is a big thing. Since she focuses on elders she gave me the perspective on it. She did say that health care has been a huge problem since a long time ago. The interview gave a perspective of how elders have it way harder to maintain health care and how it is difficult to manage every elder to receive health care.