Tumble Tumble Tumblr.

Tumble Tumble Tumblr.

Happy weekday everyone!

My last blog post was based on Twitter, Instagram and how they can be linked together. By linking them together I gave ideas on how it can benefit a business, specifically a fashion stylist like my client Andrea Whaley. For more info, check out my last post!

This week I will be talking about TumblrWhat is Tumblr you ask? …

Tumblr is a microblog where the user of the social media site can build a network, post multimedia and other information that is in the users taste or dealing with their business. Tumblr allows users to follow other users blog, share ideas, multimedia and get ideas from blogs of the same taste. For each post a user creates, they are able to help their audience find posts about certain topics by adding tags..similar to Twitter hashtags. Also like last weeks blog, Tumblr allows users to link their blogs to their Twitter and Facebook accounts, so whenever the users create a post, it will send a tweet and a status update as well.

My fellow group members and I decided Tumblr would be perfect for our client. As a fashion stylist, images and interactive multimedia keep things interesting and different! Recently Tumblr has become the place to express your fashion taste. I personally follow celebrities, designers and other brands to get ideas that fit into my style category. In my opinion, Tumblr is all about ideas.

Fashion Stylists like my client, Andrea Whaley of Wardrobe Interventions can use Tumblr as a huge PR tool. Tumblr is a great way for stylist to use social media to get ideas of current trends amongst younger generations. Different Tumblr accounts depict different styles for both men and women.

Hashtags make is easy to find particular fashion styles like this #HipsterFashion screenshot of a Tumblr account that popped up:

Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 10.07.34 PM

Now Tumblr is not just for getting ideas about fashion. Stylist like Andrea can post her ideas using her own words, pictures and collages. I can not advocate how helpful picture collage apps can help on social media sites! Using filters on Instagram or Twitter set pictures aside from others on Tumblr and make them look creative and different. Fashion stylists can take pictures of themselves, models or simply just clothes to attract followers. This allows stylist to be creative with their business and play with fashion in a fun way!

be different

Building a business through technology as cool

as this allows followers to stay in touch with you for

a long time and stay connected. Social media is here to stay,

so take advantage!

XOXO

Murphie

One Response

1. I have never used Tumblr before so this information is so helpful! I think this website would a great tool for a stylist to use because our society is so visual now that every one wants to see a picture before they buy it. Thanks for letting us know how helpful this could be in the fashion world!