Tweet Tweet!

Tweet Tweet!

HELLO guys and gals!

My previous post was about a course project that my fellow group members and I are working on with a client. Our client is Andrea Whaley of Wardrobe Interventions

This post I will focus specifically on Twitter, Instagram and how to link them up.

Building a brand requires daily updates, maintenance of all social media and constant contact with followers. Twitter is a great tool to have for a growing business that is new to social media. Twitter allows the business to send out daily tweets that update their followers on ideas, special offers and information relevant to the business. Stores like Old Navy and Target use Twitter to update customers on special offers in store every day.

This screenshot of Targets’ twitter shows how they send out multiple tweets a day discussing different topics and deals.

target twitter

In the case of fashion bloggers, I felt Twitter could be used the same way Instagram can. Using collages to update followers on weekly outfit ideas and links to the website to get more information on the stylist or company is a must. As a Tweeter myself, I personally like visual aids, along with text, in a tweet. Visual aids attract attention and keep followers interested.

An idea I had to keep an interesting Twitter feed for my client as well as for other stylists and fashion companies is fairly simple. I decided to break it down:

1. Daily tweets about current trends and picture collage examples on how to execute the looks will help followers understand how to put outfits together.

2. One weekly tweet that will keep your followers hooked. The weekly tweet should be a creative day designated to a specific topic. My example would be “Saturday Nightlife” every Friday morning giving ideas on what the follower can put together for Saturday night. The collage examples would give both men and women outfit ideas of clothing most people already have in their closets.

3. Tweets throughout the week updating followers of website changes, blog posts and reasons to visit the website and/or use your services. Provide a link in the tweet as well as in the bio of the Twitter and Instagram.

4. Make the Instagram and Twitter linked up so followers have an incentive to look up the business on Instagram, and hopefully follow.

Linking up you Instagram with Twitter is easy. In the settings of the Instagram, go to Shared Settings and link up the two social media sites by clicking which to link up from the category.

igand twitter

As I keep blogging, I will talk more about my ideas as well as provide information I have learned about social media sites. My goals is to use my knowledge and ideas on social media to help Wardrobe Interventions grow even more. It is important for bloggers and business’ to know how to use social media as a PR tool to help start their business’ grow even more. I hope the information I provided about Twitter and Instagram, and how to link them up, gave ideas on how to promote your own business.

XOXO

Murphie

One Response

1. I loved your ideas about tweeting and how important it is to keep followers hooked by using a variety of text, images, and links! I think the “Saturday Nightlife” is a great idea for fashion people, such as Andrea, to use to gain a following!