Super Bowl Sunday

Today is the Advertising Bowl (aka the Super Bowl).  Weeks of teasers, confirmed cameo spots &  ads for ads have led to the most expensive ad lineup in history.

Volkswagon, Coke, and Budweiser  are expected to impress, as they have for past Super Bowls. Keep an eye out for Oreo as they make their Super Bowl debut, and my favorite thus far Hyundai.  (Look out for PSY, expected to make an appearance for a pistachio spot)

Personal finance website, Nerd Wallet has compiled an infographic showcasing just how expensive Super Bowl ads can be.  Click through to compare  prices over the past decade.

Mini Game: Play Agency Bingo & Identify Which Agency Crafted Which Spots!

2 thoughts on “Super Bowl Sunday

1. Hello! Well, I feel bad now Professor Whiteside assigned us to actually watch the Super Bowl but I really can’t stand football. I’m going to look at reruns of ads later so I at least have some interesting material to bring to class. Loved the inforgraphic!

2. Honestly I love infographics. Seriously, when i’m not busy and even when I am busy I read infographics. I had no idea that Oreo had never had a Superbowl spot. You’re totally right in saying that Superbowl is the mecca for advertising. It’s also really strange that GM decide to sit this year out, I wonder why that is. Either way, Superbowl will continue to be huge for ads, I heard this year the average price for a 30 second spot was $4 million. That’s insane!