VISU 1100 – Blog Post #8

Reflecting on the lectures from last Monday’s seminar, I would love to study abroad if possible, preferably in Japan. However, the only study abroad opportunities I find interesting based on location, all seem to collaborate with certain majors outside of IGST and visual studies in general. Then again, I definitely have not looked into it as much as I should. I definitely am interested though. Getting a perspective on different world societies by actually experiencing them in real life would definitely help widen my knowledge of various perspectives people express worldwide. Which could be very good for story telling and character personality design. Interacting with friends, people in my extracurriculars including Jazz Band and APO, family, and people in general is always an opportunity to acquire new knowledge in story writing and creating various personalities.

That being said, for my future job I mainly want to delve in character designs for video games. However, if possible, I’d love to engage in story writing and creating character personalities. Though art is my main focus as a career, writing for the sake of invoking emotion from an audience is also something I love. Of course I can do the same using visual art, but using words to invoke emotion is just as effective, and it would help me to become well-rounded across multiple mediums.