VISU 1100 #5 – Past Projects

Line Art From Shadows:

0-eus-d5-5658562901b6364d35805117523f23c5

1. The goal of this assignment was to take a sculpture we had made ( in my case out of wire), place it under a light, and trace a picture from the shadow created by it. We then integrated various line art into the picture using different mediums including marker, pen and pencil.
  2. The shadow created a sort of blooming effect. From the image projected by the shadow, I created a picture resembling a blooming flower using the different line-arts to decorate the petals. The image turned out much greater than I had imagined and it’s probably the project I’m most proud of having created so far in college.

Room in One-Point Perspective

0-eus-d1-67477b02ae3f9bfd39855a035ef4972b

1. For this project we were supposed to draw a picture of any room in one-point perspective. I had never really practiced perspective before this project so this one was pretty challenging.
  2. I found a room that had plenty of furniture online by searching IKEA rooms on google. This one stood out the most because of the shelves, the large cushion in the front, and the room in the back. I made a rough sketch in order to get an idea of drawing the picture, then eventually went to work on the larger product. I set a vanishing point in the middle of the picture and then drew lines originating from the point in order to align and create the rest of the furniture. The lines on the floor were definitely the most patience-trying thing about the picture.

Part 2:

Room in One-Point Perspective:

1. I would say the strongest aspect of the picture is how well-aligned all of the furniture is. The couch slants slightly and one of the shelves is longer than it should be but otherwise I think the alignment turn out pretty decent.
  2. I would definitely say the weakest aspect is how light the picture is. I definitely could have taken more time to shade and darken edges but I hadn’t noticed until I actually presented it in my Drawing I class.
  3. the picture could be strengthened conceptually by adding in more small details in order to make the room look more realistic, such as marks on the wood floor and more shading.
  4. The picture could be much darker which would help bring out the image instead of having to squint to see it.
  5. This my first time drawing a large room and frankly I am very pleased with it. I hope to draw many more in the future as my future occupation will definitely call for it.