Blog Post #2

When I doc my time spent with certain activities I notice I mostly keep to myself to relax, either watching movies, videos, or playing video games. I find myself doing this for unnatural amounts of time usually, spending countless hours on social media and online games. During weekdays I spend around six hours at St Eds on Mondays, five hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and three hours on Wednesdays and Fridays. When at home I spend up to four hours on my phone on any given day, and six hours or more playing games on weekends.

Seeing the ratio of time I commit to school to the time I spend playing has made me come to the realization that my work ethic and grades suffer due to my desire to constantly relax and put off important things. I will continue to track the time I spend on certain activities in the hope that I can push myself to spend more time on work and school and give only reasonable amounts of time for playing and goofing off.

Part 2

My third grade science project
My third grade science project

This is a picture of the poster currently sitting atop a bookshelf in my room. I made the poster in the third grade for a science fair. With my considerable knowledge of animal and plant life, both extinct and still living, I decided to make my project about the gigantic prehistoric shark Charcharodon Megalodon. I have a fascination with sharks, knowing many trivial facts about many species, some of which many people I know have probably never heard of. The project was simply a matter of drawing the shark and typing and printing out my pages along with an extra image, as I had already known much about the Megalodon before the assignment was even given to the class. This poster reminds me of how my interests fuel my knowledge and how unique I was at such a young age with my amazement of biology and extreme memorization of facts about animals. This poster represents, to me, the things I’m capable of when I simply put in the effort.