This Fall, the School of Natural Sciences will be engaging in a Strategic Planning Process. Seven faculty members and the Dean will meet on those Friday afternoons without a Faculty Senate meeting or a NSCI General Faculty Meeting throughout the Fall Semester. By December, this group will have a draft strategic plan to present to the NSCI faculty.
The process will be iterative and solicit feedback from NSCI faculty members throughout the semester, with regular updates on the NSCI Dean blog site (open only to NSCI faculty). The completed Strategic Plan will be posted here by the end of the Spring semester.
The Strategic Planning Steering Committee consists of the following individuals:
- Tricia Shepherd – Chair and Professor of Chemistry
- Bill Quinn – Chair and Professor of Biological Sciences
- David Naples – Professor of Mathematics and Physics
- Edward Early – Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Santiago Toledo – Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Terry Bilinski – Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
- Genaro Lopez – Adjunct Professor of Science
- Gary A. Morris – Dean of Natural Sciences and Professor of Physics
The committee will consult with interested faculty and host visitors to its Friday meetings given their expertise and as faculty express interest.
Justin Westcott (Westcott Coaching) led the NSCI Faculty at a May 2016 meeting to start the process, exploring the context of the St. Edward’s University School of Natural Sciences faculty. He returned to St. Edward’s to continue to step 2 of the process with an organizational cultural assessment discussion on August 2016.