Summer research opportunities are available at the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in Jefferson, Arkansas. Selected individuals will participate in research projects on the biological effect of potentially toxic chemicals and the solutions to toxicology problems that have a major impact on human health and the environment.
This program, administered by ORAU through its contract with the U.S. Department of Energy to manage the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, was established through an interagency agreement between DOE and FDA. The appointment period is full-time for up to 10 weeks beginning May 22, 2017. The participant will receive a monthly stipend commensurate with educational level and experience. Proof of health insurance is required for participation in this program. Participants do not become employees of FDA or the program administrator, and there are no fringe benefits paid.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age at the time of the appointment. Applicants must be a student in good standing at an accredited U.S. college or university, or accepted as an entering graduate or professional student at an accredited college or university, with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale). Majors that are eligible include Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering (Bioengineering, Biomedical, Chemical, and Engineering Sciences), Nanotechnology, and Computer Science (Scientific Computing and Informatics). Other eligible areas of study include life health and medical sciences and other physical sciences.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/2822
A complete application consists of:
- An application
- A current resume/CV, including academic history, employment history, relevant experiences, and a publication list
- Two educational or professional references
- **If you have completed your Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree and have been accepted or enrolled in the next level degree program for Fall 2017, be sure to include that information in your personal profile on zintellect so the system will allow you to continue to the rest of the application.
- All documents must be in English or include an official English translation.
- The application deadline is February 17, 2017.
If you have questions, send an email to FDArpp@orau.org. Please include the reference code for this opportunity in your email (FDA-NCTR-2016-0167).