LoBueNicole Blog Post #6

Skills Inventory

Courses

Rhetoric and Composition II

My greatest strengths in this class include vocabulary and articulation. For greater success in the course, I need to more carefully annotate the articles we are assigned to read.

Diverse Communities Across Space and Place

My greatest strengths in this class include technical writing and previous experience working in Socratic Seminars. For greater success in this course, I need to (again) more carefully annotate the articles we are assigned to read and perhaps do them more ahead of time.

Precalculus

My greatest strengths in this class include algebra and previous knowledge from my high school precalculus course. For greater success in this course, I need to practice more problems without using a calculator.

History of Games

My greatest strengths in this course include game and grammatical knowledge. For greater success in this course, I need to more diligently do the assigned reading and pay special attention to important figures.

visual studies i

My greatest strengths in this course include Adobe Photoshop and an artistic eye. For greater success in this course, I need to take better notes during lectures on how to use the various programs.

1st year visual seminar

My greatest strengths in this course include active listening. For greater success in this course, I need to give myself more reminders to do the weekly assignments on time and to submit the URL when they’re finished.

community & the liberal arts university

My greatest strengths in this course include active listening and writing ability. I’m doing fine in this class.

Computer Skills

My computer skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, basic Python coding, formatting, editing, and typing. I still need to learn a lot for my major.

Research & Writing Skills

My greatest strengths as a researcher/writer include my ability to determine the credibility of a source and knowledge of useful/trustworthy databases.

Action Plan

10 Ways to Improve in 1st Year Visual Seminar

1. Stay on top of the blog posts
  2. Do the blog posts
  3. Submit the blog posts
  4. Make a to-do list for the course
  5. Take more cohesive notes during student lectures especially
  6. Communicate with the teachers
  7. Don’t sit by friends
  8. Sit closer to the front
  9. Ask questions
  10. Keep and maintain my calendar (will help with everything, not just this class)